How Does the New Food Labelling Requirements Affect Food Startups in Indonesia
Just recently, new food labelling requirements have been imposed in Indonesia. Every food manufacturer must follow these requirements.
This article will help entrepreneurs and business people be informed about the new food labelling requirements. Read more to get your business into shape.
The New Label Requirements
These are the new food label requirements in Indonesia:
- Non-halal foods are acceptable in the country. These types of foods are exempt from the halal certification requirements.
- Companies must include ingredient percentages in the food label.
- Foods containing polyol must have a warning label.
- There is a change in allergen information labelling. Labels must include the phrase “contains allergens”, followed by the list of allergens present.
- Comparative claims must also include explanatory information after an asterisk.
Companies must comply with the new labelling requirements before December 31, 2021. On the other hand, the deadline for food additives and food products for further processing is August 2, 2022.
Food Startup Guide
If you’re planning to create your own startup company, it is beneficial for you to get company corporate Indonesia services. They can provide you support that you need, especially during the initial stages of your company.
For newbies building their food startups, be aware that there are new food labelling requirements in Indonesia. Don’t forget to include the appropriate food label required for your food products to avoid any legal problems in the future. You can consult with 3E Accounting Indonesia to receive further guidance on incorporation and legal matters.