Why You Should Hire the Right Corporate Secretary for Your Company
It is not a surprise that investors are flocking in Indonesia because of its growing and robust economy. The country also offers a business-friendly environment, making it attractive for investors to set up their ventures in the country.
As more companies are being incorporated, choosing the right corporate secretary has been given more emphasis, especially because the tasks assigned to this position are evolving through time. Corporate secretarial tasks are something that should not be put off because the role of a company secretary is vital to the success of the business.
With this, it is only important to know what the job of being a corporate secretary entails. At the same time, you should be able to choose the qualified person for the job because of the high stakes that come with the role.
You need to choose the right corporate secretary because he or she has a duty that goes beyond administrative roles. Their job encompasses the entirety of the business, making sure that the interest of the company is put in first.
Corporate secretaries can be working within the company or hired from a third-party services provider. Either way, they must be chosen carefully.
Why It Is Beneficial for You to Have a Company Secretary
The right corporate secretary, given his or her skills, will not only give you the expert advice on decisions relating to your business. He or she will also help you troubleshoot potential problems that your company may face. And we all know that preparation is key to make the business not only robust but also sustainable.
With this kind of expertise joining the board of directors, the company will be able to foster growth while keeping its defences against threats to the business.
At the same time, corporate secretaries can help you build confidence in your company’s future. They can assure you that your company is going in the right direction because of the implementation of different growth-anchored initiatives.
Hiring corporate secretaries also means that the governance policies of your company will be taken care of. They are tasked with implementing such regulations to make sure that everything is in order.
Corporate secretaries are also in-charge of submitting disclosure to let the public know about the recent material developments in the company. They should be able to report these immediately because regulators are setting a deadline for the submission of disclosures.
Looking at the Potential Corporate Secretary for Your Firm
It is only necessary for you to do research and due diligence when hiring the right corporate secretary. As mentioned, this is someone who should have qualified skills and training and can handle the stress of the job.
- A corporate secretary should be able to tick off the following requirements to qualify for the job.
- The corporate secretary should be able to take legal action.
- A corporate secretary should have the knowledge in law, finance, and corporate governance to be able to perform well.
- Corporate secretaries should have an understanding of the different business activities going under the firm.
- A corporate secretary should be able to communicate with the board of directors and stakeholders, especially when an important message should be sent across the organization.
- The corporate secretary should be living in Indonesia.
These are the basic qualifications and you might need to put other requirements as well, depending on the needs of your company. You should also consider the nature of the business when hiring so you can really choose the right corporate secretary.
Working With a Corporate Service Provider
As mentioned, you can hire corporate service providers to look for the right corporate secretary for your firm. As a business owner, you should be able to work with third-party providers knowing that they are the best for the job. Here are some of the things you should remember when doing so.
- You must choose the corporate service provider who has the knowledge and familiarity with your company type to better address your needs. Legal entities include local companies, foreign-owned firms, and branch offices.
- The corporate service provider should have knowledge on corporate bank account issues so they can give you the appropriate advice. They should also guide you on how to manage these bank accounts the best way.
- The corporate secretarial service firm should be registered legally in Indonesia. Make sure that it has a sterling reputation and enough experience to guide your company.
- Consulting the corporate service provider, request for a copy of their client portfolio to check how it has been performing. Take note that a credible service provider should have a portfolio containing positive reviews of their services.
- Before onboarding with a corporate service provider, check with their current and previous clients first. Ask them how their relationship with the corporate service provider is.
It might be difficult to hire the right corporate secretary because of the different qualifications to be met. In addition, the actual process of looking for one might be tedious without the help of a corporate service provider.
But you have to be patient because having a corporate secretary looking out for the firm will pay off. Corporate secretaries, as mentioned, are key positions needed to be filled to ensure the success of your company. After all, you are not only looking forward to building a company, but you also want to see it grow through the years.
If you are looking for the best company secretary services, reach out to 3E Accounting today. Our team is willing to help you in every step of the way. Our business experts can provide you with the most up-to-date information and advice to help your company attain its best version ever.