Trademark Registration Services in Indonesia
Protecting Your Unique Brand Identity Through Legal Registration
To protect your company’s intellectual property and rights, you will need to undergo a process called trademark registration in Indonesia.
What is a Trademark?
It is generally a term used to define whatsoever separates a firm, legal entity or person distinctly. It will differentiate your company from another through the use of graphics, designs, colours, symbols, or words. By registering your trademark, you are protecting your rights. Any unauthorised use of your trademark is grounds for legal action.
Why Register Your Trademark?
Indonesia has high incidences involving piracy. Therefore, by registering your trademark, you are patenting your goods and services. Among the other advantages you gain include:
- Legal reinforcement
- Protect your goods and services from infringement claims by others
- It adds value to your services and products
- Whoever files their application first will be given the trademark priority per the 2001 Trademark Act No. 15
Trademark Registration in Indonesia
In Indonesia, your trademark application will be approved by the Directorate General of Intellectual Property. Upon approval, it will be included in the Indonesia trademark database. Intellectual Property (IP) will cover and protect your trademark since it identifies as one of your company’s assets.
To commence the trademark registration process in Indonesia, you will need to go through the following steps:
- Step 1 – Locate an Intellectual Property Rights Consultant. Foreigners will need a local consultant with a Declaration of Entitlement and Power of Attorney to complete the process.
- Step 2 – Perform the trademark search to ensure your intended trademark is compliant with the 2001 Trademark Act No. 15.
- Step 3 – Finalise the registration process.
Your registration will take anywhere from 12 to 24 months to complete. You will be required to pay the fees incurred for the pre-filing search, registration request and the final registration certificate. The fees will depend on the type of goods or services you want to obtain.
Complete Your Trademark Registration With 3E Accounting
Let us help you complete your registration process without any hassle. We will ensure compliance with the local requirements every step of the way. Given that your application must be in the local Indonesian language, we provide translation services to ensure a smooth process. For more information about our range of services, contact us today.