This post is also available in: Indonesia (Indonesian)
Thinking About Starting a Business in Indonesia? This Guide Explains the Advantages
Expanding your business abroad is a major step for any investor. If you’re thinking about the advantages of setting up an Indonesia company, this guide is here to convince you.
Why Do Business in Indonesia?
The country is located near other main Asian economic players like Singapore and Malaysia. With any business, location plays a major role in the success factor. Indonesia is both an ideal and valuable location for expanding and investing if you’re trying to tap into the Asian market. But the ideal geographical location is just one of the many advantages of an Indonesia company.
Indonesia has several company options to choose from. Each company comes with its own advantages. The types of companies include:
- Import and Export companies
- Foreign Direct Investment Companies
- Representative Offices
The best type of business entity for you would depend on your business needs. 3E Accounting can help you figure out the most successful option to choose based on your goals.
The Advantages of an Indonesia Company
Besides the location, there are several other advantages that make this archipelago an ideal business investment. With more than 17,000 islands to choose from, you won’t struggle for expansion options. The other benefits of incorporating an Indonesian company are:
- The rapid economic growth, since it is one of the most populous countries. The growth rate and large demographic means new business opportunities will always be popping up.
- Indonesia’s GDP grows rapidly at a rate of 6% per annum.
- It has a broad domestic market behind India and China.
- Indonesia has a total of 65 Double Taxation Agreements (DTAs).
- Foreign investors are encouraged to invest in their vast services sector.
- A fast-growing middle class means an increase in consumer spending power.
- As of 2016, there is a higher percentage of foreign investment allowed by the Investment of Coordinating Board in Indonesia. Regulations now allow 100% foreign ownership.
- Indonesia’s Batam area is the first Special Economic Zone (SEZ). It offers investors several tax incentives. It is also free from import duty, local service, and VAT taxes.
- Indonesia is the only ASEAN nation that is part of the G20 (Group of 20) nations.
Ready to Start Your Business? Let Us Help You
Now that the advantages of an Indonesia company have convinced you why this is the right choice, it’s time to take the next step. Without the right legal and professional advice, starting a business in Indonesia can seem like a complicated process. That is why 3E Accounting is here to help you simplify that process. For more information about our Indonesia company incorporation services, contact the 3E Accounting team today.